Here is what you need:
- orange construction paper cut into a square the size of a baggie
- green and brown construction paper cut into shapes of a pumpkin stem and pumpkin leaves
- a clear freezer baggie (thicker plastic)
- dry erase tools such as markers or crayons
- During your emotion awareness activities, have child work on drawing jack o' lantern facial expressions related to any emotion description you are discussing.
- After drawing the facial expression on the jack o' lantern, have the child work on making the facial expressions to match.
- Optional: After a facial expression is drawn on the baggie, have the child write the matching emotion word on the back of the baggie.
Think about discussing the emotions and expressions as part of the Zones of Regulation® program which is based on colored zones of red, yellow, green, and blue. Maybe you can have the child draw each facial expression using the color of crayon or marker that identifies the zone the emotion resides in.
Enjoy this fun and festive activity that children will be sure to enjoy whether it is used in the classroom, in the therapy room, during virtual learning, or during teletherapy.
For other fun emotion activities, check these out from my past blog posts:
Zones of Regulation Coping Spinners
Zones of Regulation Lego Towers
Framing this day with jack o' lantern emotions!